We know how comforting it is to cuddle up with our furry friends at night. However, sleeping with our dogs can come with its own set of risks. While many viruses and bacteria cannot be transmitted from animals to humans, there are certain infections that can spread between the two.
In this article, we will discuss 10 diseases that dogs can pass to humans and provide guidance on reducing any risks to ensure that both you and your pet stay healthy.
Continue reading 11 Diseases You Can Get if You Sleep with Dogs
Kidney disease in dogs is a common health issue that affects many dogs of all breeds and sizes. It is a chronic condition that can lead to serious health problems if left untreated. The kidneys are responsible for filtering waste products from the blood and regulating the body’s fluid balance. When the kidneys are not functioning properly, toxins can build up in the body, which can cause a wide range of symptoms.
Understanding canine kidney disease is important for every dog owner. Many factors can contribute to the development of kidney disease in dogs, including genetics, age, and diet. It is essential to recognize the signs and symptoms of kidney disease in dogs so that you can seek treatment as soon as possible. Treatment options for dogs with kidney disease can vary depending on the severity of the condition, but many things can be done to manage the symptoms and improve your dog’s quality of life.
Continue reading How can I know if my Dog has Kidney Disease?
What is a Beagle Ear Infection?
An ear infection is a common disease in Beagles and almost all dog breeds. This is a painful condition and Beagle Ear Infection requires urgent attention.
The long and floppy ears of your Beagle are some of his most adorable looks. However, these floppy ears increase his ability to catch an ear infection, which isn’t so adorable. With such an infection, you won’t see him jump up and down or become activated by the sight of you. Rather, he will be curled in a corner, agonizing in pain. He must get treatment as soon as possible lest the condition worsens.
Continue reading Beagle Ear Infection
What is Poodle Lyme Disease?
Poodle Lyme disease is a tick-borne illness caused by the bacterium Borrelia Burgdorferi. This disease is characterized by joint inflammation and lameness, which can be very painful for dogs. Poodles that are infected with Lyme disease are more likely to experience kidney damage, and in rare cases, heart problems. Young Poodles are particularly susceptible to Lyme disease, but it can affect dogs of any age.
Symptoms of Poodle Lyme disease can be difficult to detect, but joint swelling and lameness are the most common signs. Other symptoms may include fever, loss of appetite, and lethargy. If you suspect that your Poodle may have Lyme disease, it is important to take them to a veterinarian for diagnosis and treatment.
Treatment for Poodle Lyme disease typically involves antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medications. In some cases, hospitalization may be necessary to manage severe symptoms. Feeding your Poodle a healthy, balanced diet can also help support their immune system and aid in their recovery from Lyme disease.
Continue reading Poodle Lyme Disease: Symptoms and Prevention
What is Bulldog Chocolate Poisoning?
Both dogs and cats should never be allowed to consume chocolate due to its toxicity. If your bulldog happens to ingest chocolate, it is important not to panic, as there are steps you can take to handle Bulldog chocolate poisoning. This article aims to provide you with guidance on how to respond effectively.
Similar to humans, dogs can develop a preference for foods that can be harmful to their bodies. When they consume such foods, it can result in food poisoning. Chocolate poisoning specifically occurs when your bulldog accidentally or intentionally consumes chocolate. Chocolate contains a chemical called Theobromine, which can have severe effects on dogs, including seizures, high blood pressure, and elevated heart rates. It is crucial to treat your bulldog promptly if they have ingested chocolate, as the more chocolate they consume, the higher the amount of Theobromine in their system, and the greater the likelihood of complications arising.
Continue reading Bulldog Chocolate Poisoning